Each and every month, we’ll create a new thread for you to submit questions to and vote on which ones you want to see answered most. We’ll still be pulling from the older thread for a bit. This just helps to keep the questions fresh and get eyeballs on newer topics as they come in because nobody likes scrolling through 500+ posts. HINT: Brevity is your friend, here. I will almost certainly ignore any manifesto questions. Distill your idea as much as you can. This format is designed to reduce the strain on developer resources as much as possible. You can do your part by keeping questions as succinct as possible.
- Only make replies to the OP.
- Only one question per post.
KEEP IT SUCCINCT. No links. No paragraphs. No introductions. No thank yous. Distill it down to what you really want to say. This IS NOT the place for attempts to direct the course of development (that’s literally the rest of Spectrum.) This IS your place to ask brief questions of our developers. Your responsibility in this process is to break it down to one or two sentences at most. Let’s work together to save our developers some time.
- Consider the type of answer you’re looking for. Is it possible for your question to have a 1-2 minute answer? Are you asking how an entire game system will function? Is it a topic better suited to the sort of deep-dive ATV segments that have visuals? If so, you will get votes, but you will not get the question used on the show. It just won’t fit here. There are other broadcasts for this kind of topic.
- Do not direct a question to a specific developer.
- Do not submit one question, gets votes with that question, and then reword the question or replace it with another one entirely.
- Do not make use of special formatting in an attempt to draw more attention, and therefore more votes, to your questions i.e. BOLD, H1, etc.
- No “post-launch” questions. This is a program dedicated to the continuing development of the game, a focused on the immediate and near-term future of the project.
- No pictures. Make it easy for people to find the question they want to vote on without having to scroll through pictures.
- Post violating these rules and inline replies to other questions will be deleted.
- Have fun with it.