I have not been playing in a while. I freshly installed 3.4.1 four days ago but I cannot seem to go past the Stanton loading screen. After 30 secs or so I always get a “Lobby Error (Code 40014) – Connection to Session Host Failed” and the loading screen just hangs there indefinitely – no CTD. Same result at every attempt. I checked the knowledge base and tried the following to no avail:
– tried different servers;
– quit game and launcher and waited 10 minutes;
– rebooted Windows;
– verified game files;
– checked installations of Windows Media Pack and .NET Framework;
– checked exceptions in Windows Firewall for both RSILauncher.exe and starcitizen.exe;
– checked port forwarding on my router (TCP 8000-8020 and UDP 64090-64110);
– disabled overclocking on both CPU and GPU (who knows…);
– uninstalled and re-installed the game;
– made a fresh installation of Windows 10 and tried all of the above again.
My PC specs are: i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, RTX2080Ti, 970 Pro 1TB SSD, Win10 64-bit, non-metered fiber connection.
Do you guys know how to fix this? Thanks in advance to everyone!
The various causes that I’ve seen for this error have been due to something preventing the game client from being able to connect to the game server. Router settings, firewall, antivirus, etc.
Not all, but many of those products also don’t have great logging that shows what they’re doing to prevent the connection.