Thanks for another great update, Cherie, and thanks in particular for covering the UNE topics!
- On the Magnus page, the body text says discovered 2499 and the infobox says discovered 2516 (I guess copied over from Terra page)
- The Magnus page also references the UEEN doing stuff in 2533, but the UEE wouldn’t have been founded until 2546 so I guess that should be UPEN?
- Would I be right in thinking that Tethle’a (Hyoton II) is spelled Te – thle’a, and is a wordplay on both te and teth (please and the world) and thle’a (proper)?
- Regarding the UNE Council; does this mean that Mars and other new colonies were getting some amount of representation in the Congress, but just denied council status? That makes a lot of sense given how long that situation persisted
- Is Amecanio still a state on Earth today? Whereabouts is/was it?
- Xi’an dates across Galactapedia (and other publications) don’t add up to the same scale. The Second Imperial Age page does add up to the previously stated figure of 1 Human Year = 1.28 Xi’an years, but others including the human date for the founding of Gatac manufacturing don’t quite add up with the other converted dates. If it would be helpful and save you time, I am happy to prepare a table of all the pages that contain Xi’an dates, with some different options for putting them all on the same scale.
If you don’t mind considering a question outside of this month’s Galactapedia drop, I’ve been doing a lot of work on the UEEN pages of the wiki recently in the run up to Invictus, which turned up a few questions. The biggest one is: “would it be correct to change any UEE Navy prefix to UEES if it’s something else like UEE, UEEN or SS? Likewise UPES for the UPE and UNES for the UNE”
The whole list is on this page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/ueen-list-of-ships-question
Looking forward to hearing more from these Gatac folks…
- The Magnus date is corrected in the sidebar
- The Navy is one continuous institution, but it was indeed the UPEN at that time.
- Correct; it loosely means “Proper World.”
- They weren’t! The UNE was exclusively composed of representatives from Earth. This became a problem down the line.
- Amecanio is roughly the nation of the whole North American continent. It is still around.
- The dates should be fixed.
Navy ships today include the UEES prefix. In the UPE days, they would have included UPES instead. Hope that helps.