We are requesting help in pinning down remaining issues with the law system and prison as we are at a point where we’re finding the bugs being reported on the issue council can have many contributions, but vague reproduction steps which we are unable to follow. This is likely due to the issue being edge-case in nature making it understandably difficult for the player to discern exactly what caused the crime to be committed/issue to occur.
We are asking that any players who know of a reproducible issue with the law system or prison provide a video of it occurring if possible. Please do still create or add to existing IC reports, but if you could also link it here the team will be able to act much faster to get the issues fixed.
A great example of such a video was provided by a backer in this IC report which up until then we had been unable to reproduce ourselves with the given reproduction steps: https://issue-council.robertsspaceindustries.com/projects/STAR-CITIZEN/issues/STARC-6133
The video found here: https://youtu.be/Zbyan5MJ3Wk clearly shows the issue and provided the necessary information to allow us to fix it very quickly. You will see this fix in 3.14 along with many others, but we know more exist and will look to fix them quickly after getting reproductions.
Please only post IC reports or video links here as anecdotal evidence is often unhelpful.
Thank you in advance.
Just to update you all on this. You’ll likely see any updates we make based on your feedback in the patch notes and I will make an effort to respond here with all the fixes once we go live, but I can confirm a few things have already been fixed/addressed.
- Removed trespass zones from UGFs. This has been done before intended as we have not got our security system changes in yet, but I thought it better to remove now as the benefits still outweigh the drawbacks (though as always PTU may show up some unforeseen issues with necessitate rollback).
- You no longer receive crimes for EMPing or interdicting the ship you are using to do said EMP or interdiction.
- Destroying a party member’s empty vehicle no longer results in a crime
- We have updated the prison code entry interface and prevented it from resetting the code with incorrect attempts, which we hope will prevent the bug where it does not accept correct codes, but we were not once able to repro the issue even with code beginning with zero.
- We have made a reduction to the time it takes to remove individual crimes when hacking.
- The crime for Assaulting a Security Officer should no longer be given outside of a monitored zone
- Knock-outs no longer kill
I can’t comment right now on all the other issues, but many have been reproed internally and assigned to the relevant teams with the hope that they get prioritised for fixing.
Go to Source